Skip to main content

Girl Receives Kidney Transplant After Samonella Poisoning

Krystina Brugh of Indiana received a kidney from her father on Monday. The eleven year old girl developed kidney failure after she ate contaminated peanut butter. The peanut butter was linked to the salmonella outbreak reported in February affecting ConAgra peanut butter. The family filed a lawsuit recently against ConAgra for manufacturing and selling the contaminated peanut butter. Several other lawsuits have also been filed throughout the country. If you believe you became ill from the eating contaminated peanut butter you should contact an attorney immediately.